[Geany-devel] Plugin : Geanyprj

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Nov 23 18:10:02 UTC 2011

Am 23.11.2011 16:01, schrieb Johann SAUNIER:
> I tried to defend Geanyprj a few weeks ago because I heard it will be
> removed from the plugins project due to a lack of maintenance. So, I
> decided to maintain it myself because I would really miss it (I can't
> get used to Gproject).
>
> First of all, is there a specific mailing list for Geany-plugins ? I
> couldn't find it.

No, there isn't.

> 2) I tried "./waf updatepo" and the results are big changes in .po
> files, like if they were all much out of date -> do we have to use
> "updatepo" each time we add a translatable string or should we add it by
> hand in the .po file of our native language (and the other ones we know
> how to translate) ?

Well, No. The po files are only generated on demand as it will generate
a lot of overhead due the changes e.g. on line numbers. Please don't add
strings manual to po-files unless you are 110% sure what you are doing.

> 3) by executing step 2, I noticed an error in the README. waf. Do I have
> to send a patch or just tell it to a maintainer on this list ?

What's the issue you did found? There a bunch of ppl having access to
this file and therefor can update it

> 4) I saw a Tracker->Patches page
> on http://sourceforge.net/projects/geany-plugins/, is this the right
> place to submit patches ? If so, do I have to tell someone before
> submitting ?

Just push it there or send a patch to this list.

Cheers,
Frank