[Geany-devel] --readonly handling

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Nov 21 14:49:52 UTC 2011

Le 18/11/2011 18:44, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 21:07:41 +0100
> Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 17.11.2011 19:20, schrieb Dimitar Zhekov:
>>>
>>> Is there any technical reason to check cl_options.readonly in
>>> document.c, and clear it load_startup_files() [...]
>>>

>> In an earlier version it also worked when opening a .geany file (so all
>> session files would be opened readonly). As opening via socket also goes
>> through main_handle_filename() (and hopefully nothing else?), I guess
>> there's no real reason anymore.
>
> Here's a small patch that cleanups readonly handling, and adds the
> missing def_clo.readonly initializer, which was a bug. Tested with
> normal and socket open.

Looks fine to me, could you provide a git-formatted patch (so there are
authorship information in it) please?

> BTW, -Wmissing-field-initializers displays a huge number of warnings in
> highlightingmappings.h (fill_eol and merge), and no warnings in any
> other source file (except def_clo above).

I know it, and the "missing" initializer are expected to be missing.
Actually -Wmissing-field-initializers warns about fields implicitly
initialized to 0, which is not a real problem but that "often" is
unwanted.  Here it's wanted not to clutter the initializer lists with
plenty of zeros, and there is even a note on the top of the file.

However, if it's a problem for many readers, we could imagine adding a
plenty of 0/FALSE everywhere, though I don't think it's necessary.
Actually the better would be to have a portable way to disable this
warning only for this particular file, but I'm not sure it's easy?

Regards,
Colomban