[Geany-devel] Preventing "cd" to clutter VTE shell history
lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu Nov 17 01:17:15 UTC 2011
An user on IRC asked whether there was a way to prevent the "cd"
commands that Geany launches on the VTE when follow_path is enabled to
clutter his shell history. I first though "no", but actually Bash don't
put in the history commands prefixed with a space ; and ZSH has an
option  to follow this behavior (while doing nothing special without
The reason of this mail is to ask you if you think that prefixing the
"cd" command with a space should be made a pref or not.
* 1-char change (only adds a space)
* No extra hidden pref no body cares about
* Probably no need to be configurable
* Probably won't do anything wrong with other shells (CSH, whatever)
* Not configurable
* Maybe some shell would interpret this another way?
So... do you think it should be configurable or do I simply put a
leading space and be done with it?
 though I didn't found the feature in bash's manual, with a fast and
More information about the Devel