[Geany-devel] question, webhelper plugin on windows xp

J. ANDANSON j.andanson at xxxxx
Wed Nov 16 20:38:14 UTC 2011

Le 23/10/2011 23:21, Ross McKay a écrit :

>> [...]
>> I know my request is a little bit strange. the case is developing a
>> website with a manager part and a public part. for switch from the first
>> to the second, two view will be more pratical. the first 'bad' thing
>> come in my head was just compile the plugin with a different name so i
>> can have twice.
> I think you would find it best to work in either Firefox with the
> Firebug[1] and Web Developer[2] extensions, or Google Chrome with its
> developer tools. There you could easily have two tabs open and viewing
> what actually goes to the browser, with good developer inspection tools.
> If you have two screens, all the better because you can have the whole
> page in view on one screen whilst inspecting elements, CSS and scripts
> on the other screen.
>
> Opera has reasonable developer tools too, called Dragonfly[3], but I've
> always found it a little clunky compared to Firebug... but it does let
> you remote-debug Opera Mobile
>
> [1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/
> [2] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/
> [3] http://www.opera.com/dragonfly/

thanks Ross

Late response due of a bad thunderclap who broke some materials
I know this kind of use (browser with extension), just note webhelper
plugins include
The webkit web inspector who is almost similar as chrome's version.

I use a big screen (27") and i can see sidebar with webhelper browser +
inspector and the editor at once, pretty awesome. I really think my
request was irrelevant for the use of two tabs, just centralize action
for windows port.