[Geany-devel] Objective-C Support (was Highlighting setup refactoring?)

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Nov 10 03:51:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

I updated Elias's patch[1] to add Objective-C support on top of the new
highlighting changes from Colomban[2].  I added a few things that were
missing from the original patch too.

It's causing a warning that I'm having trouble tracking down because of
the cpp macro problem I mentioned in the original thread:

   CC     highlighting.o
highlighting.c: In function ‘highlighting_set_styles’:
highlighting.c:1086:3: warning: passing argument 3 of
‘styleset_from_mapping’ makes integer from pointer without a cast
[enabled by default]
highlighting.c:833:13: note: expected ‘guint’ but argument is of type
‘const struct HLProperty *’

But otherwise it seems to work OK in some basic tests, at least
considering I don't know Objective-C besides the C parts.

[1]
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3325139&group_id=153444&atid=787793
[2] I tried to make a pull request but you can't make a fork of a fork,
and then I was going to make an "Issue" but those are disabled, so I'm
sending to the ML :)