[Geany-devel] Stub project files for sharing

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Nov 9 20:45:01 UTC 2011

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 08:11:45 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> The simple solution is to add "only save if changed" as a new feature
> in stash so its easy to use for the settings that need it.

If that's the easy solution... Our instance will not know if another
instance has changed something, so a backup stash value won't suffice -
the keyfile would have to be re-read. Unless we tolerate a mix of
settings, that is...

And the vte prefs may or may not appear in stash on Geany start, due
to the runtime load vte behaviour.

(Excuse me if these were already discussed - TL;DR)

> Whilst the problem is worth solving, neither suggestion is resolved.
>
> So in time honoured tradition I'm going to do nothing, until the
> issues are sorted.

+1. :)

--
E-gards: Jimmy