[Geany-devel] Request: multithreaded tag generation?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Nov 8 08:59:59 UTC 2011

On 11-11-08 12:49 AM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 08.11.2011 03:13, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>>
>> Not so easy, from the sqlite faq:
>>
>> (6) Is SQLite threadsafe?
>>
>> Threads are evil. Avoid them.
>>
>> And what they don't mention is that you can deadlock your system if
>> the access isn't coordinated, ... back to square one.
>>

> They do mention though that SQLite is thread-safe, and that a db
> connection can be shared across threads. So your quote draws things
> worse than they are.
>
> Doesn't Anjuta use SQLite? Are they using it multi-threaded?

I think they use GTree while parsing and then dump to an sqlite database
(via libgda).  Judging by the _async() functions it has and the g_async_
stuff, it must be using threads in some fashion.

FWIW, here's the source:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/anjuta/tree/plugins/symbol-db