[Geany-devel] Request: multithreaded tag generation?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Nov 8 08:11:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 08.11.2011 02:44, schrieb Matthew Brush:
>>
>> I suspect it's that TagManager, for every single tag, is inserting the tag
>> into the tags array, removing duplicates, and then re-sorting the entire
>> array.
>
> Is it possible to fix that part,  i.e. sort/de-duplication after initial
> parsing (even if reading would be denied until that happened)?

I think tagmanager needs to be able to search as well as insert, so
its a bit of a balancing act

Personally I would change it to use a balanced binary tree like GTree.
 That should give good search and reasonable insert capability.  But
no guarantees of performance improvement until it is done.

But someone has to brave the tagmanager code :)