[Geany-devel] [RFC] Document Messages

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Nov 8 01:51:38 UTC 2011

On 11/07/2011 02:28 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 01:00:49 -0800, Matthew wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I actually have a plugin I've been working on that does exactly that.
>> It's a really simplified search bar that pops-up under the editor
>> window and it's basically a clone of Firefox's find bar.  The only
>
> In what way this is better than the search field in the toolbar?
> Just curious.

Navigation (next/prev), highlighting all matches, and case-sensitive
matching (not sure toolbar search supports these?).  It's basically
somewhere between the find dialog and the toolbar search field
feature-wise, but in a "better" location ... right below the the editor
where your attention is probably already focused, and it can be shown
and hidden with keybindings.