[Geany-devel] [RFC] Document Messages

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Nov 7 16:09:03 UTC 2011

Le 07/11/2011 16:40, Thomas Martitz a écrit :
> Am 07.11.2011 16:34, schrieb Colomban Wendling:
>> However, I'm not sure fallback to modal dialog is that good… let me
>> explain: a GtkInfoBar is a kind of non-intrusive messaging to the user,
>> where modal dialogs (or dialogs in general) is intrusive.  This means
>> one could easily "ignore" the info bar but not the dialog.
>

> I assumed the editor widget would be frozen/set read-only until the info
> bar is processed by the user, so both seem intrusive.

Didn't though it'd freeze the editor (and AFAIK Matthew's code didn't do
that), but that's not a bad idea and would somewhat solve the issue I'm
raising, since both would then basically avoid touching the file until
answering.

> OTOH the info bar would probably allow switching documents without doing
> anything which would solve a (for me) major annoyance with the modal
> dialog when ctrl-tabbing through docs. So not equally intrusive.
>
> What solution can you suggest? I find the info bar superior and don't
> care about the fallback really.

Basically none apart depending on 2.18, but your freeze proposal might
be OK.

Cheers,
Colomban