[Geany-devel] Request: multithreaded tag generation?

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Mon Nov 7 15:35:31 UTC 2011

Dear Geany Devs,

I recently switched from GeanyPRJ to Gproject. Since Gproject doesn't
support multiple open projects I have to switch between projects, but
it takes up to 4 minutes to close one project and open another. A
project consists of roughly 1000-2000 php-related files.

The "Generate tags for all project files" causes this massive delay,
but I really need that feature.

At work I have a 2-core CPU, where 1 is completely idle and on my
desktop at home there are 5 cores are doing nothing while generating
tags. Can't they be utilized to speed up the tag generation?

Cheers!

Harold