[Geany-devel] Stub project files for sharing - creation plugin

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Nov 4 17:55:51 UTC 2011

On 04/11/2011 15:22, Nick Treleaven wrote:
>> That solution seems awkward to me. Especially the creation part where
>> you need to copy, then hand-edit.
>>
>> Normally you don't need to touch such project files at all, but you
>> require not only that, but also that the people know which parts to take
>> out.
>
> It really isn't that difficult, and it only has to be done once, plus
> any minor modifications later. For something rarely done, Geany
> shouldn't need to alter its existing code too much - see my answer to
> Lex for more explanation. Supporting GUI creation is much more work for
> Geany.

Also someone could write a plugin to create stub project files that
supports the common settings that would go in a stub project file. That
would be less effort as it would only need to support a fraction of
project settings.