[Geany-devel] [RFC] Geany Plugin Names

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Wed Nov 2 14:33:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 15:27, Johann SAUNIER <jsaunier.devel at gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you mean by broken ? I must admit that I don't look closely at it as
> far as it works as expected :)

Since 'Symbol list update frequency' (aka real time symbol parsing)
got in, GeanyPRJ lags every <freq> miliseconds. Geany stops taking
input every cycle until the cycle is done. Secondly: saving a file
takes 1-2 seconds.

Gproject is able to do the same (plus more) without any lags.

Both plugins index in a single thread, which is a pity for multi-core
PC's as it takes quite a while to open a project and index all tags.

I changed from geanyprj to gproject 1-2 days ago and I'll probably
never look back!

-H-