[Geany-devel] Geany Plugins SVN Commit URLs

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Nov 1 14:43:14 UTC 2011

On 11-11-01 06:11 AM, Jiří Techet wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 23:25, Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
>> On 11-10-30 03:03 PM, Frank Lanitz wrote:

>>> I'm afraid I don't get what is needed here? Did I got you right to
>>> setup complete mirror of ancient svn on geany.org?
>>>

>> Or easier, just make some URL forwarders/rewrites on geany.org so we don't
>> have to depend on SourceForge.net to always store the SVN repo and never
>> change URLs.  The SVN URLs in the Git commit messages will never be able to
>> change ever in the future, so if we point it to a location we control, then
>> we can ensure they remain valid.
>>
>>  From Jiri's other message though, it sounds like the SVN URLs in the Git
>> commit messages are all going to be broken like the one's in Geany's Git
>> repository, since it's not an option of the conversion script to change
>> them.  I don't feel like hacking the conversion script to change the URL
>> that goes in the commit message, and anyway, as long as it contains the SVN
>> revision, it's still useful.
>
> Another option would be to use
>
> git filter-branch --msg-filter command
>
> where command would be some sed expression which would substitute the
> current format with the required format. Maybe a bit easier, still
> something I don't want to spend my time on ;-). The only reason I
> included the SVN metadata was the commit ID which is useful to have
> because some commits refer to it in their comments and this
> information would be lost otherwise.

What about something as simple as:

sed |git-svn-id:
https://geany-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany-plugins/trunk/geany-plugins|SVN:|

To at least remove the invalid URL, or better yet:

sed |geany-plugins@|geany-plugins?revision=|

Or similar, so that the URL is not broken?

If it's easy enough, I'd say it's worthwhile.