[Geany-devel] [RFC] Geany Plugin Names

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Tue Nov 1 13:05:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:04, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 09:46, Thomas Martitz
> <thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
>> Am 29.10.2011 08:09, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>>>
>>> Although in my, probably poorly informed, opinion, gproject seems to
>>> encompass most of geanyprj
>>>

>> Did anyone heck if geanyprj even works (as intended)? IIUC it's largely
>> unmaintained since a very long time. If it turns out broken it should just
>> be dropped.
>
> Unfortunately I have to admit that GeanyPRJ is indeed quite broken and
> lags the whole interface when enabled on a recent build of Geany.
>
> Does Gproject index a whole tree so that symbol and calltip
> autocomplete work? I can't seem to find how to enable that, so I guess
> not... :(

Yes, it should. There's "generate tags for all project files" option
under GProject tab of project properties for that (off by default
because it's too slow for tens-of-thousand file projects I use
GProject for). I hope it works alright, I haven't tested it for quite
some time now but unless there was some change in Geany, it should
work fine.

Cheers,
Jiri