[Geany-devel] Build System User Guide

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun May 22 11:14:20 UTC 2011

> I would like to keep embedded HTML and especially PHP code disabled in
> the Wiki, not only because of security reasons, also because it would
> cause mixing different markups in the Wiki, we already disagreed on
> this regarding ReST and Markdown syntax support in the Wiki, it's
> pretty much the same for HTML.

Hi Enrico,

Well this is intended as a manual not wiki pages.  Text documents like
this should not be unconstrained width, but as far as I can find there
is no way of limiting width in Docuwiki.  And its own manual is an
example of how hard it is to read unconstrained width text.  Imagine
the Geany manual displayed with unconstrained width :-(

I'm not suggesting you enable embedded HTML, just complete documents.
Or as I said I can do PDF if thats the only way of getting fixed size.

>>Or I can provide the source in asciidoc, if someone wants to convert
>>it to docuwiki, but I'm unlikely to do that.
>
> This is what I would prefer, so if you share the source, I'd convert it.

No problem if thats the end solution, but where are you going to get
the time?  Also lets also wait to see if anyone actually has any
comments on the content :-)

PS what theme in what window manager do you use for screen captures
for the manual?  If possible I will use the same for the images to go
in this document.