[Geany-devel] Can't compile Geany with -ansi (va_copy is undefined)

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat May 21 08:37:43 UTC 2011

On 21 May 2011 18:23, Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, and sorry for spamming this list.
>
> I recently tried to compile Geany with -ansi flag as the HACKING file
> suggests.  When compiling mio-memory.c GCC reports a warning that
> va_copy is undefined, and linker fails with the same message.  Should
> something be done about it?

Hi Eugene,

The problem is likely to be that your glib wasn't configured with
--ansi so the use of the G_VA_COPY created a call to va_copy which is
C99 and so not allowed with --ansi.

The advice in hacking might need to be altered to note that some
systems may not be able to compile with --ansi because headers that
they depend on use later than --ansi standards.