[Geany-devel] [PATCH] In messages show the actual text user entered in Find and Replace dialogs

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Sat May 21 08:16:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011 15:38:40 +0200
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Le 15/05/2011 14:29, Eugene Arshinov a écrit :
> > Hi.
> > 
> > When "Escape sequences" checkbox is checked in Find or Replace
> > dialog, before escaping the find and replace strings we should save
> > the original ones, so that they can be used in messages shown to
> > user and in the history of those dialogs' entries.  This is what
> > the patch is about.
> > 
> > I described in the commit message (see the top of the patch) the
> > changes made in the code.  Just in case, here is a copy:
> > 
> >   In the code, now we pass the original text together with the one
> >   that is actually searched for.  New `original_text' field was
> > added to GeanySearchData.  A bug was fixed in
> > document.c:show_replace_summary(): it did not escape the "No
> > matches found for ..." string.
> > 
> > Hope that I did not touch plugin API with these changes.  In header
> > files I changed the following:
> > - document_find_text()'s signature
> > - document_replace_text()'s signature
> > - search_find_usage()'s signature
> > - struct GeanySearchData
> Seems none of the functions you changed were in the plugin API, so
> it's fine. For the structure, since you appended to it, it's also
> fine.
> However, a few comments:
> 1) why did you used an extra string everywhere but in
> document.c:show_replace_summary()? OK it already do this, but it seems
> not consistent since you added an "original_text".
> 2) on search.c:on_replace_dialog_response(), prefer initialize
> original_find to NULL and free it in fail rather than freeing it every
> time. (though anyway this function is ugly as-is with the backward
> goto jump just for failure)
> Otherwise looks OK to me.

Attached are the original patch updated for current trunk (r5798) and
another one containing changes according to your advice.  In the second
patch I also applied the same "technique" to show proper replace text
in messages.

Best regards,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 0001-In-messages-show-the-actual-find-text-user-entered.r5798.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 19512 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.geany.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20110521/8ed5459d/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 0002-Follow-Colomban-s-advice.r5798.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 8514 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.geany.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20110521/8ed5459d/attachment-0001.bin>

More information about the Devel mailing list