[Geany-devel] Build System User Guide

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed May 18 23:45:45 UTC 2011

On 19 May 2011 00:24, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> Am 18.05.2011 14:26, schrieb Randy Kramer:
>> All,
>>
>> Lex and I have had a little bit of off-line conversation about his
>> document, the Build System User Guide.  He suggested that I put it on
>> the wiki.
>>
>> I made a feeble attempt, and now recommend instead that, at least on a
>> temporary basis, it be put on the geany.org website with one or more
>> links from the wiki to the document.  This is because:
>>    * the document is a fully formed, standalone HTML document
>>    * and, in that form, is not directly "pastable" into the wiki
>>
>> Instead, unless I'm missing something, it would have to be copied and
>> pasted in as plain text, and then marked up with DokuWiki markup.
>
> The sourcecode of this document looks pretty much like generated code.

> Maybe Lex could use the original and put it into wiki as I don't think
> having another standalone document is making much sense when we already
> started to have a wiki as storing such things was the intention behind
> IIRC.

Hi Frank

I said it was generated from asciidoc in my first post :-)

The reason for that is that it was started a long while ago when there
was no mention of the wiki, I just finished it prompted by the recent
misunderstandings.

It is normal for wikis to link to material in other formats, fully
formed HTML, PDF etc.  A quick look at the docuwiki manual (when
desperate RTFM) shows that it handles lots of mime types but due to
security risks HTML is disabled by default.

@Enrico, So I guess the question is how do we handle that?  Do you
want to have to give people HTML upload permission individually giving
you more work, or do you want to keep it disabled.  I can easily
provide the document in PDF.

Or I can provide the source in asciidoc, if someone wants to convert
it to docuwiki, but I'm unlikely to do that.