[Geany-devel] Collecting patches inside wiki

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed May 18 14:45:00 UTC 2011

Am 18.05.2011 16:28, schrieb Matthew Brush:
> On 05/18/11 01:22, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not sure whether this is the best idea, but I've jsut created a page
>> inside the wiki at http://wiki.geany.org/patches/review_list where we
>> could collect patches/patchsets to just keep an overview as it appears
>> on this mailing list some patches might get lost due lot of
>> traffic/discussion. Tell me what you think about and maybe make some
>> usage of it ;)
>
> It's better than having patches get buried in the mailing list, but
> still there are better ways (see Git Switch (again) discussion) which
> requires less effort for everyone.

Even on a git switch (I'm honest didn't read the complete thread by now)
you will have pending pull requests that might get lost. ;)

> Slightly off-topic, I'm pretty new with this Wiki software (and wikis in
> general).  How do you create a new page?  The only option I see is "Edit
> this page".

On DokuWiki just search for a page. In case of its not finding anything
you can create it.

> Also, is there (going to be) a "table of contents" on the
> main page where all of the pages link from to make navigation easier? Or
> is it just the Sitemap feature for this purpose?

Yepp, there are plugins available doing this.

Cheers,
Frank