[Geany-devel] [CODE REVIEW] Changes to encodings

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed May 18 13:29:25 UTC 2011

Le 18/05/2011 02:15, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> On 05/17/11 08:40, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>> 2) the space is useless in "[:= ]" since it'd be matched just after
>
> I'll trust you on this :)

Hum, actually you shouldn't I was wrong, it has not the same meaning.
The space in that character range allowed for space as the separator,
witch you actually meant to do, so keep the space.
Sorry for the noise ^^

>> I'm just wondering whether these aren't a little too loose in real
>> world, but they look OK (not like the ones of the previous patch ^^).
>
> I had this exact same thought, but I think it's OK since it will catch
> any other types of files that may use a similar scheme, and also, AFAIK,
> it still needs to find a real encoding/charset in order to truly "work",
> so I think it's safe and flexible.  Also getting rid of that nasty

Yeah, and as said these regex are less loose than was the previous ones,
since they need "charset" or "encoding" to be directly followed by
something useful.

Cheers,
Colomban