[Geany-devel] [CODE REVIEW] Changes to encodings

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon May 16 06:37:10 UTC 2011

On 05/15/11 20:45, Matthew Brush wrote:

> The second one is a simple refactoring of the code around the
> regex-based encoding detection and adding a few more patterns to detect
> a few more types of files. Especially needing review are the actual
> pattern strings I used since, quite frankly, I suck at regexps. One
> thing I noticed looking at the bug report here[5], after creating these
> patches/commits, is that it seems the <?xml ... encoding="" ?> is
> already supported by the CODING regex, so you can ignore the new XML one
> I added if that truly is the case (I'll remove it from the proper patch
> I send in the future). Like I said, my regex skills aren't great :)

I've made a commit[1] to fix the issue mentioned here, which removes
extra regex patterns and uses two very general ones (the coding one is
almost the same as before).  I need to test these better still but a few
quick tests seem to suggest they work ok.

[1]
https://github.com/codebrainz/geany/commit/53c4761b38b9ac454b2ae5bf855e1c9ace8a2acd#diff-0