[Geany-devel] [RFC] Plugin Template

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon May 9 18:40:38 UTC 2011

Le 04/05/2011 02:20, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> On 05/03/11 05:42, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>> I don't think the template is really useful, apart maybe for
>> Makefile.ams and wscript_* (though I don't know exactly what's in the
>> later), but I think that for the other files a tutorial is just enough
>> and probably even better:
>>

> Maybe I used the wrong word or you misunderstood what I mean by
> template, I don't mean "download this and your good to go", I mean
> "download this, edit the boilerplate files as per the comments/examples
> in them (and described in a tutorial), and you've got a good start".
>
> [...]

Still not really convinced that it's really useful, but you seem to know
why you think it is regarding how you defend it :D
And I won't prevent anyone from adding this, why not if it has users.

>>   * configure.ac is a bit pointless since we talk about geany-plugins
>> integration ^^
>
> Not pointless if you want to build your plugin inside the checked-out
> directory, as would be described in the tutorial (before being added >
to the geany-plugins project).

Hum, the thing is that for a "newbie" configure.ac generally looks like
dark magic or at least weird stuff, so you'll need to explain how it
works and what to modify, but it won't be valid for real G-P plugin,
because the G-P's configure.ac has a quite sophisticated layout. Or you
would copy & paste the G-P specific M4 macros? (GP_*)

Cheers,
Colomban