[Geany-devel] Bumping Geany's GTK minimum requirement to 2.12

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon May 9 13:21:17 UTC 2011

Le 08/05/2011 17:50, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> On Thu, 05 May 2011 00:40:43 +0200, Colomban wrote:
>
>>> Also, it would make it easier to migrate to using Glade 3 with
>>> GtkBuilder instead of Glade 2
>>
>> Well, not completely sure about this, even though I like GtkBuilder and
>> Glade3 (it's soooo nicer than Glade2 :p): GtkBuilder was *introduced*
>> in 2.12, which means the code is quite young with this release, maybe
>> having important issues. I don't mean we shouldn't try to use it, but
>> simply that it may be a problem because some important fixes might have
>> happened in a newer release.
>
> Good point.
> But there is probably one way to find it out: test it :).
> Seriously, I think we could try to get a rough converted version and
> then test it on GTK 2.12.0 (or .x) to check how it works. But not today
> and tomorrow.

Yeah of course, I'm not saying we shouldn't try it, but simply that we
should do it with some care.
If it appears it works seamlessly, I'd be really happy :)

Cheers,
Colomban