[Geany-devel] Project close problem

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun May 8 12:00:26 UTC 2011

On 8 May 2011 21:08, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 05/08/11 02:52, Lex Trotman wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> On 0.20 Linux I have noticed a problem when closing a project,
>> occasionally instead of going back to the files that were open, the
>> project files stay open and become the non-project open file set.
>>
>> I have only seen it a couple of times and havn't been able to find a
>> way of producing the problem reliably.
>>
>> Has anyone else seen it or have any ideas?
>>

> I guess this[1] check is failing.  Not sure what that pref does.

The preference controls saving the session in the project file, which
it always does correctly.

The files close and re-open, like as if the default configuration got
overwritten, hmmm, lets see:

configuration_save saves the session files in the standard
configuration file, and is called from on_prefs_dialog_response.

So edit prefs while a project is open will overwrite the default
configuration file list, lets test it, yep, edit preferences with a
project open and bingo!

So configuration_save needs a parameter to tell it to only save the
preferences, not the session files.