[Geany-devel] Bumping Geany's GTK minimum requirement to 2.12

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed May 4 21:00:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

any objections in increasing the GTK minimum requirement of Geany to
GTK 2.12 (and GLib 2.16)?

This would make quite some code obsolete and so could be removed.
Also, it would make it easier to migrate to using Glade 3 with
GtkBuilder instead of Glade 2 (and in the long term makes getting
compatible with GTK3 easier, but really, later :D). Though I'd like to
do this step some time later. Also we could rely on GIO which came with
GLib 2.16 which should remove some #ifdefs.

I think the current minimum of GTK 2.8 can be increased as GTK 2.12 is
already about three years old already.

Any objections?