[Geany-devel] Colorschemes/geany-themes branch

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue May 3 14:50:51 UTC 2011

On 05/03/11 05:45, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 28.04.2011 10:06, schrieb Matthew Brush:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I started working on merging geany-themes project into the Geany tree,
>> as well as a few "fixups" to the Colorschemes menu, some of which are
>> same as patches sent to the mailing list some time ago. Mostly left is
>> cleaning up themes that cause warnings on geany verbose output and to
>> test the themes with more lexers.
>

> Perhaps it should stay a separate project/repository. This is mostly
> about artwork, the potential contributors are different people than the
> ones who contribute code to Geany.

Agreed, but as the filedefs (filetypes.*) files diverge from the main
project it becomes harder and harder to keep them in sync.  It's a PITA
to have to watch each revision to see if the files have changed and then
update each of them in geany-themes each time.

My plan was to submit a patch against the filedefs files and alt.conf
and maybe a few of the best color schemes, and then leave the others in
the geany-themes project.  That way users only need to drop in their
colorschemes into their home dir and I don't need to maintain a separate
set of filedefs from Geany's.