[Geany-devel] save filetypes now

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon May 2 17:16:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

There were lots of filetype patches recently, but any changes in the
global filetype commands (via Build -> Set Build Commands) are still
buffered and saved on Geany quit. This is out of sync with the other
settings, inconvinient, and makes the code a bit more complex. Here
is a patch that saves the filetype command changes as soon as OK is
chosen in the dialog. It's not any different from the same patch
published several months ago, only updated to the latest svn.

Note that the non-filetype ("independent") commands are still saved
together with the other geany.conf settings, on Geany -> Quit or
Edit -> Preferences. This can be altered by moving build_save_menu()
from save_dialog_prefs() to show_build_commands_dialog(), but I'm
not sure we want it, and the global command changes are rare anyway.

--
E-gards: Jimmy