[Geany-devel] GProject - missing Geany patches

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sun May 1 22:25:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 00:06, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 02.05.2011 00:03, schrieb Jiří Techet:
>>
>> I've tested it and my plugin works with mainline geany now - great!
>> I'll need one more thing - to bump the plugin API version number. Even
>> though the API hasn't changed, people shouldn't use my plugin with
>> previous versions of geany (it wouldn't work because they couldn't
>> specify the patterns).
>
> Doesn't that mean the API actually changed? :)

No actually, it hasn't. There has always (i.e as long as I use geany)
been the member

gchar ** 	file_patterns

inside the GeanyProject struct but it was always NULL because it
wasn't set by anything in geany (the code which sets them was #if 0'd
out - I don't know the history of geany enough to say why).

Cheers,

Jiri