[Geany-devel] GProject - missing Geany patches

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sun May 1 22:03:40 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 23:57, Colomban Wendling
<lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
> Le 28/04/2011 22:58, Jiří Techet a écrit :
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 19:46, Colomban Wendling
>> <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

>>> I don't really like the patch and preferred to change
>>> msgwin_parse_grep_line() to something that directly parse
>>> file[:line[...]] so no need to do everything twice.
>>
>> I agree it's not very nice, on the other hand I think it's the
>> smallest patch that achieves what I need. Modifying
>> msgwin_parse_grep_line() isn't enough, you'd have to modify
>> parse_file_line() and be _very_ careful because you could screw up
>> parse_compiler_error_line() which uses this function too with
>> different parameters.
>
> I wrote a different implementation, and I think it works OK. Actually I
> replaced parse_grep_line() by a more generic implementation of
> file[:line[...]] parsing.
> If it has any flaw, just let me know :)

Looks good after both looking at the implementation and testing it briefly.

> Yeah true, even getting it to work properly is quiet a pain, right.
> Anyway, implemented in SVN now.

I've tested it and my plugin works with mainline geany now - great!
I'll need one more thing - to bump the plugin API version number. Even
though the API hasn't changed, people shouldn't use my plugin with
previous versions of geany (it wouldn't work because they couldn't
specify the patterns).

As the next step I'd like to get the plugin into the Geany Plugins
project. Can I get commit access (or how does it work)? Apart from
that the plugin is now missing some mandatory files like README's NEWS
and so on - I'll fix that in the upcoming days. What else needs to be
done?

Cheers,

Jiri