[Geany-devel] Split Window Patches - Scintilla C++0x

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Mar 31 15:56:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:17:26 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Currently there is the problem with dropped support for old C++
> >> compilers which may not affect us directly but more over the
> >> introduction of new C++0x code.
> >> For details see
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/scintilla-interest/browse_thread/thread/8f9c4aae5f5c5368/6ecc660f51cecefc.
> >> Though Scintilla's release notes state that the Borland C++ support was
> >> removed, I'm not sure if the new C++0x code is already in.
> >> Nick, Lex, do you know more about the current status?
> >
> > Good question, thanks Enrico for asking it :)
> > Actually there is another patch that was applied to upstream Sinctilla I
> > would like to see in our copy (related to Vala highlighting), so I
> > wondered if we didn't wanted to update our scintilla copy at some
> > point... but there is the C++0x thing.
> >

> Well Scintilla 2.25 does not use the std=c++0x option and it does use
> -Wall which includes a c++0x warning so I would say its reasonably
> safe.

Yes, and I'd expect Neil to mention it in the release notes if the
requirements change. Now that C++0x has been finalised as C++ 2011 this
might encourage him :-/

Regards,
Nick