[Geany-devel] Split Window Patches

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Mar 30 20:59:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:03:33 +0100, Nick wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:39:37 -0700
>Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
>
>> The patches were committed[1][2].

Cool!
(btw, I also didn't get the mails from the SF tracker although I'm
monitoring it, also not all of these mails didn't arrive on the
scintilla list, so I'd say also it's a problem at SF)

>> So now, can we patch our copy of Scintilla, or do we need to wait
>> until their next release and then until we update to that version?
>
>We can patch our copy now.
>
>> I'm pretty confident those patches will apply cleanly on versions
>> between ours and what they just got committed to, though I don't
>> really understand Scintilla versions and how/when we update.
>
>We update soon after a Scintilla release unless it's a major Scintilla
>release that may introduce bugs.

Currently there is the problem with dropped support for old C++
compilers which may not affect us directly but more over the
introduction of new C++0x code.
For details see
http://groups.google.com/group/scintilla-interest/browse_thread/thread/8f9c4aae5f5c5368/6ecc660f51cecefc.
Though Scintilla's release notes state that the Borland C++ support was
removed, I'm not sure if the new C++0x code is already in.
Nick, Lex, do you know more about the current status?