[Geany-devel] Split Window Patches

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Mar 30 01:39:37 UTC 2011

On 03/29/11 06:03, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 23:44:42 -0700
> Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
>
>>> First, the Scintilla patches should be shared with upstream, ideally
>>> they apply them. Then we can patch Geany.
>>
>> Done.
>>
>> I re-did the patches proper against Scintilla's Mercurial repository and
>> posted a bug report on Source Forge[1].
>>
>> [1]
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3256153&group_id=2439&atid=102439
>
> Great, thanks. I added a comment to explain the plugin a bit more.

The patches were committed[1][2].

So now, can we patch our copy of Scintilla, or do we need to wait until
their next release and then until we update to that version?

I'm pretty confident those patches will apply cleanly on versions
between ours and what they just got committed to, though I don't really
understand Scintilla versions and how/when we update.

[1]
http://scintilla.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/scintilla/scintilla/rev/e88a8a880c96
[2]
http://scintilla.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/scintilla/scintilla/rev/874b84aa77b3