[Geany-devel] A guide to patches? - using SVN version

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Mar 29 18:12:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:49:30 +0300
Росен Стоянов <f1r3fl3x at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Nick, so should i delete my other installation of Geany? And what

If you want you can run 'make uninstall' from your old build directory
first. Personally I just install over the top of the old one.

> about my configuration/themes? Would they be preserved or i have to backup
> them?

Your user configuration files will be unaffected. Geany's system files
will get overwritten.

> And what about the plugins? Should i delete them as well?

You don't have to. If they are compatible then Geany can still use
them. If not, Geany will ignore them.

Regards,
Nick