[Geany-devel] Split Window Patches

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Mar 28 10:38:22 UTC 2011

On 28 March 2011 17:39, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 03/27/11 09:11, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>>
>> We need a better fix then. Maybe you can try to find out why the X
>> clipboard get broken on Scintilla (and fix it :D). If it get fixed, we
>> will probably can re-apply the patch.
>
> When the ScintillaObject gets reparented (unrealized/re-realized), it
> doesn't re-setup the selection targets again (this is only done in
> ScintillaGTK::Initialize()).
>
> The first patch #0001 is the same as the previous #0003 patch, which removes
> the reparenting stuff, to make Split Window work on Windows.
>
> The second patch #0002 fixes the primary selection issue by moving
> gtk_selection_add_targets() and friends into the ScintillaGTK::RealizeThis()
> function, and also adds its counter-parts to the
> ScintillaGTK::UnRealizeThis() function.
>
> The third patch #0003 fixes the issue where the I-Beam cursor is displayed
> even for the scrollbars when the widget is unrealized/re-realized.  I tried
> a few different ways to do this, including trying to use Scintilla's
> SetCursor() function, but nothing seemed to work.
>
> Everything *seems* to work now, and it's not hacky, IMO - except maybe #0003
> a little bit ;).
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew Brush

Hi Matthew,

I havn't had a chance to try it, but perhaps you should report the
problem to Scintilla and submit the two patches to Neil.  In general
Geany tries to use an unmodified version of Scintilla so that changes
don't have to be made each time its updated.

Since this is to fix a plugin problem not a core problem (albeit a
core plugin) I would suggest waiting for the response from Scintilla
rather than including patches in the Geany Scintilla.

What do others think?