[Geany-devel] Split Window Patches

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Mar 28 06:39:42 UTC 2011

On 03/27/11 09:11, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> We need a better fix then. Maybe you can try to find out why the X
> clipboard get broken on Scintilla (and fix it :D). If it get fixed, we
> will probably can re-apply the patch.

When the ScintillaObject gets reparented (unrealized/re-realized), it
doesn't re-setup the selection targets again (this is only done in
ScintillaGTK::Initialize()).

The first patch #0001 is the same as the previous #0003 patch, which
removes the reparenting stuff, to make Split Window work on Windows.

The second patch #0002 fixes the primary selection issue by moving
gtk_selection_add_targets() and friends into the
ScintillaGTK::RealizeThis() function, and also adds its counter-parts to
the ScintillaGTK::UnRealizeThis() function.

The third patch #0003 fixes the issue where the I-Beam cursor is
displayed even for the scrollbars when the widget is
unrealized/re-realized.  I tried a few different ways to do this,
including trying to use Scintilla's SetCursor() function, but nothing
seemed to work.

Everything *seems* to work now, and it's not hacky, IMO - except maybe
#0003 a little bit ;).