[Geany-devel] Split Window Patches

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Mar 27 16:11:53 UTC 2011

Le 27/03/2011 16:41, Enrico Tröger a écrit :

>>> Not sure about this, what was the issues before (the one the code
>>> talked about)?
>>> I'd prefer one of the original authors to review this one if
>>> possible... Nick (or Enrico, seems you also worked on this), could
>>> you check this/tell what was exactly the issue?
>>
>> See r3161 and r3163. also the bug report for this and FAQ entry linked
>>from original message.  I think it's best to have original authors
>> (especially someone who is able to build on windows) to check this
>> also.
>
> I guess that means me :).
>
> I tested the patch (#0003) on Windows and it works fine, at least I
> couldn't find any wrong behaviour.
>
> The problems referenced in the code were about broken scrollbars, I
> don't remember exactly whether in the normal editor widget or in the
> splitted. And there were issues with the PRIMARY selection which
> behaved wrong. None of these I could reproduce with the patch #0003,
> neither on Windows nor Linux.
> Before the patch, on Windows the splitted window wasn't reparented
> probably and so was moved in the upper left corner of the Geany root
> window, this is also fixed with the patch.
>
> I think we should commit it and see how it works for other people.

Well, I committed it (r5636) but... reverted it as r5640. It initially
look good, but breaks the X PRIMARY clipboard (aka the mouse one) in the
normal Geany editor (even after unsplitting), so it's not acceptable.

We need a better fix then. Maybe you can try to find out why the X
clipboard get broken on Scintilla (and fix it :D). If it get fixed, we
will probably can re-apply the patch.

Regards,
Colomban