[Geany-devel] Split Window Patches

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Mar 27 14:41:40 UTC 2011

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:26:42 -0700, Matthew wrote:

>On 03/26/11 17:31, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>>> Enable Scintilla's default popup editor menu on the split window
>>> editor so that there's a way to copy/paste/undo/redo/etc.
>>> Closes bug #2983145[2] although the keybindings and main menu items
>>> still don't work in the split window.
>>
>> Not sure about this one since the menu is neither translatable nor
>> look like other Geany's menus. Maybe manually implementing a basic
>> menu would be better?
>
>Should a bug/feature request also be reported to Scintilla?

>>> Remove the widget reparenting in an attempt to make the plugin work
>>> on Windows again.  Although I can't test on Windows, I think
>>> there's a good chance this will fix the issues and it seems to work
>>> fine on Linux as well.  I base this on an old GTK+ FAQ entry[3].
>>> If someone can confirm, it will close bug #2725342[4] and the
>>> plugin can be re-enabled on the Windows build.
>>
>> Not sure about this, what was the issues before (the one the code
>> talked about)?
>> I'd prefer one of the original authors to review this one if
>> possible... Nick (or Enrico, seems you also worked on this), could
>> you check this/tell what was exactly the issue?
>
>See r3161 and r3163. also the bug report for this and FAQ entry linked
>from original message.  I think it's best to have original authors
>(especially someone who is able to build on windows) to check this
>also.

I guess that means me :).

I tested the patch (#0003) on Windows and it works fine, at least I
couldn't find any wrong behaviour.

The problems referenced in the code were about broken scrollbars, I
don't remember exactly whether in the normal editor widget or in the
splitted. And there were issues with the PRIMARY selection which
behaved wrong. None of these I could reproduce with the patch #0003,
neither on Windows nor Linux.
Before the patch, on Windows the splitted window wasn't reparented
probably and so was moved in the upper left corner of the Geany root
window, this is also fixed with the patch.

I think we should commit it and see how it works for other people.