[Geany-devel] Feature request: Comment selection

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Thu Mar 24 00:27:13 UTC 2011

Lex Trotman wrote:

>Only slightly smaller problem than world peace :-)

There are many problems bigger than this minor commenting issue, which
is why I've never brought it up before... especially since I've not yet
even looked at the code for it :)

>[...]
>So first you have to find a hack for passing back the language
>segments from Scintilla or you have to provide them with a patch to
>include an official way of doing that (or be very persuasive to get
>them to do it for you).
>
>Then you can change Geany's central paradigm to allow multiple
>filetypes per file.

Much as I suspected. Maybe when the current workload eases I could look
into it.

>Patches welcome :-).

Indeed :)
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"There is more to life than simply increasing its speed." - Gandhi