[Geany-devel] Performance issues?

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Wed Mar 23 13:23:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 14:12, Colomban Wendling
<lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>> In the mean time, I'll just disable the real time parsing.
>
> You can try increasing the minimal delay between two updates to reduce
> the lag (the very preference you set to 0). Doing so will reduce the
> "realtimeness" of the tag parsing, but should improve the performances.
> Maybe the default delay of 250ms should be changed to a longer one, 250
> being too aggressive...

Even when not triggered that often, the lag is really annoying...
Reminds me of the Eclipse editor an ex-collegue of mine used: the
ultimate test for blind typing! Eclipse was always one word behind...
;)

I use geany for it's speed and simplicity, a lag doesn't fit in that
description.

-H-