[Geany-devel] Performance issues?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Mar 23 12:22:06 UTC 2011

On 23 March 2011 22:26, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:07, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 23 March 2011 21:24, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
>>> Dear devs,
>>>
>>> Just pressing and holding a key pauses every ~10 characters. This is
>>> only the case in a document when working on a pre-existing file, a new
>>> document is as fast as can be.
>>>
>>> What could be causing this? Does anybody else have the same problem?
>>> I'm working on a php/Drupal project and use the geanyprj plugin to
>>> index all files.
>>>

>>> Harold
>>

> I disabled the geanyprj plugin and the performance is back!
> Unfortunately, geanyprj is one of my reasons for using Geany. :(

Important information.

Well since the machine you describe is just barely suitable for
editing 100 line files :-D

I would suggest that there may be an interaction between real-time tag
parsing that was recently added to the SVN version and Geanyprj that
makes heavy use of tags.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any documentation on real-time
parsing or any way to turn it off to see if thats the case.