[Geany-devel] Performance issues?

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Wed Mar 23 11:26:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:07, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 March 2011 21:24, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
>> Dear devs,
>>
>> Just pressing and holding a key pauses every ~10 characters. This is
>> only the case in a document when working on a pre-existing file, a new
>> document is as fast as can be.
>>
>> What could be causing this? Does anybody else have the same problem?
>> I'm working on a php/Drupal project and use the geanyprj plugin to
>> index all files.
>>

>> Harold

I disabled the geanyprj plugin and the performance is back!
Unfortunately, geanyprj is one of my reasons for using Geany. :(

> Version?

11:06:33: Geany INFO            : Geany 0.21 (svn >= r5584), en_US.UTF-8

> Platform?

11:06:33: Geany INFO            : GTK 2.22.0, GLib 2.26.1, GIO
Ubuntu 10.10 (LXDE; 64 bits)

> How big are the files?

Some are 100 lines long, some are 4k lines long.

> Are you editing near the beginning or the end?

Everywhere

> How fast is your computer and how much free memory does it have?

AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (Dual core; 3.0 GHz)
4 GiB memory; ~2 GiB available(/cache)

-H-