[Geany-devel] Sidebar and MsgWindow Notebook Patches

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Mar 20 21:35:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a few patches working towards making the sidebar and message
window notebooks more friendly.

Makes original sidebar tabs and any new tabs added reorderable.

Makes original message window tabs and any new tabs added reorderable.

Enables drag and drop support between the sidebar notebook and message
window notebook tabs.  This will reduce code in plugins who all do this
independently and make projects such as geany-sidebarterm pointless.

I have not thoroughly tested the implications of this, like if somewhere
Geany is using the tab order or location within a specific notebook to
access the children.  If this is the case, it will be an opportunity to
fix the code that is doing that.

I need some guidance on how to make the order and location of the tabs
to be persistent so it it's saved/loaded with the session.  Any hints
would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush (codebrainz)