[Geany-devel] Changes to templates

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Mar 19 02:09:51 UTC 2011

Le 19/03/2011 02:32, Lex Trotman a écrit :
> On 19 March 2011 10:26, Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>> Le 18/03/2011 23:52, Lex Trotman a écrit :
>>> Only comment on the patch is that you have swapped the order of
>>> frame_end and template_eol_char at the end of the template. (compare
>>> lines 21 and 67/68 of the patch)
>>
>> It was indented actually (not as swapping though):
>> * I added a line before the frame_end since the template no longer have
>> a trailing new line.
>
> Maybe ok, I don't care up to to others to say.

If we remove the last EOL of the input template, we need to add one
between the template and the frame end, otherwise that frame end will
not end up in its own line.

>> * I removed the newline after because it added implicitly an extra
>> newline in e.g. template files (main.c, etc.) after the comment, but
>> maybe we better keep it (e.g. inserting a template comment adds a new
>> line); not sure.
>
> Needs the eol after the comment close, otherwise if I insert a
> function description before a function the prototype ends up on the
> same line as the comment close, yuk.

Right, my bad. Maybe this would need to do something different depending
on whether we're replacing in a template or inserting interactively?

Cheers,
Colomban