[Geany-devel] Changes to templates

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Mar 19 00:00:47 UTC 2011

On 03/18/11 15:52, Lex Trotman wrote:
> I'm not sure we should consider changing a config file too power-user,
> after all the assumption is that *all* users are programmers of some
> type.

That's too bad really, because turning off the sidebar, message window
and toolbar, the interface is strikingly similar to a basic text editor
(with tons of power under the hood..err, bonnet).  Geany blows Gedit out
of the water in terms of speed and Mousepad in terms of functionality,
so I think there is a "market" to use Geany as a general purpose text
editor like those.

I'm still curious why XFCE isn't using Geany as the default text editor
since it's fast and light like XFCE and quite frankly Mousepad
completely sucks.