[Geany-devel] Class Builder Plugin - UI Cleanup and Bug Fix

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Mar 16 17:58:17 UTC 2011

Le 16/03/2011 18:51, Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:43:08 -0700
> Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
>
>> I fixed up the layout and alignment of widgets in the class builder
>> plugin.  I also fixed a small bug which was causing an assertion warning.
>>
>> There's 3 patches:

>> The UI cleanup using a GtkTable, for side-by-side before and after
>> screenshots, see [1][2][3]
>> [1] http://codebrainz.ca/images/classbuilder/c++_before_after.png
>> [2] http://codebrainz.ca/images/classbuilder/gtk+_before_after.png
>> [3] http://codebrainz.ca/images/classbuilder/php_before_after.png
>
> My comments:
> Changing 'Foo Bar:' to 'Foo bar:' in labels is good.

Not sure, isn't "Foo Bar" the classic style in Geany?

> Increasing horizontal separation between radio buttons - not sure, but
> perhaps more usable.
> Unaligning entry fields seems bad.
> Removing filetype from dialog title (even though each dialog has
> different fields) seems bad.
> Increasing vertical separations seems bad (out of keeping with Geany
> etc).

Actually the screenshots seems inverted: the new is on the left, old on
the right (as far as I can tell from the current in my Geany version --
though I thought the fields were aligned...).

Cheers,
Colomban