[Geany-devel] Minor "issue" with real-time tag parsing

Jon Senior jon at xxxxx
Tue Mar 15 08:04:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 00:21:18 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I notice the items in the symbol list disappear when you're inside a
> global "string literal" (or #include using quotes, but not <>) that
> isn't closed yet.  Only the symbols below the unclosed quotes
> disappear.
>
> This is probably not a new thing, just noticeable now that the symbol
> list is updated in real-time.  My guess would be that the parser just
> refuses to handle the rest of the file in this case, but maybe it
> should skip to the next line and keep going or something, if this is
> even possible.
>
> I just thought I'd point it out since I noticed (it's visually
> distracting).  It's not a majour problem or anything.

It used to do the same thing when you saved a file with incomplete
quotes (or braces, or brackets), at least for Java files. It can be a
useful way of working out where you missed a brace since only functions
before that will be successfully parsed.

Jon