[Geany-devel] Changes to templates

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Mar 15 03:12:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm terribly sorry for re/top/whatever posting, I've had serious issues
using GMail with the mailing list, so I've switched accounts and
unsubscribed my GMail account.  Please see the other thread (or this one
if all goes well) for context.

I've updated the patch based on feedback I've received and updated
knowledge I've acquired about GString (namely that it's not just a
skimpy garment).

Effects of the patch:

Make a constant for the amount of indentation used for template
comments, so that they are consistent and also set to a more reasonable
value of 3 instead of 8.  Related to feature request: Specify spacing
before fileheader - ID: 3193527[1].

Strip all leading and trailing whitespace on the text read from template
files.

Fix filetypes.c to use /* */ style comments rather than C++ style comments.

There is still the issue Lex brought up about the encoding of the text
being read from file and set into Scintilla.

Thanks for your time.  Please ask any questions needed, and as always
feel free to tell me if I've done something stupid.

[1]
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3193527&group_id=153444&atid=787794

Cheers,
Matthew Brush (codebrainz)