[Geany-devel] Stil of mailing list

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Mar 13 23:14:48 UTC 2011

On 14 March 2011 01:24, Randy Kramer <rhkramer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 12 March 2011 09:43:48 pm Lex Trotman wrote:
>> This howto is very worthwhile, but one of the problems with this, and
>> many other lists, is that many people don't read the whole thread, so
>> if you cut all the old content out you are forcing them to reply
>> without all the background.  Of course leaving all the content in
>> makes the mailing much larger and its harder to find the new content.
>> To combat this learn to use your mailers quoted text hiding features,
>> and if it doesn't have them, switch to one that does.
>
> Can you give me the names of some email clients that have this feature?
> On a quick google search, all I could find reference to was the Google
> web-based email client.  (BTW, I use Linux and kmail 3.5.10.)

Hi Randy,

To be honest I havn't looked at stand alone mailers for a long time, I
now use gmail so I can read it at home, at work and while commuting
(which is when I have most time to comment).

I can't actually remember what I used last but it also folded quoted
text (provided people marked it in accordance with the guidelines).