[Geany-devel] Stil of mailing list

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Mar 13 14:30:08 UTC 2011

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:43:48 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Of course leaving all the content in
> makes the mailing much larger and its harder to find the new content.
> To combat this learn to use your mailers quoted text hiding features,
> and if it doesn't have them, switch to one that does.

I disagree.

E.g. there is no reason to keep a footer inside quoted mail as this is
also not solved by a folding mail client.

Also folding of messages is introducing a lot of complexity into mail
client on the one hand as well as having a look onto stile of quoted
text -- there is a lot of quoted text on one level which makes the
folding feature nearly useless in many cases.

For me its just a matter of good behavior just to quote things you are
really relaying on. For the rest there is a thread, mailing list
archive or whatever.

Cheers, Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/